Re: [exim] strange exim behaviour

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [exim] strange exim behaviour
Peter Bowyer wrote:
> Daniel Tiefnig <exim@???> wrote:
>> So, between 12:41:26 and 12:41:39 no single message got delivered.
>
> Right. What other lines were in the log during that time?

In the exim log? None.

> What about all the other application logs,

Well, from 12:41:27 to 12:41:38, there are ~350 POP logins and some IMAP
logins.

> syslogs etc?

Nothing of interest, AFAICS.

> And why do you consider this 'strange'?

Well, I don't know why exim pauses for about 10 seconds, when there are
quite a few hundred mails (all queued for local delivery) in its queue.
I thought it would try to deliver them. If that's not unusual, I'd be
happy if someone could tell me why this happens, even if its nothing
exim specific...

lg,
daniel