Re: [exim] strange exim behaviour

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] strange exim behaviour
On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 19:07 +0100, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
> I allready thought it might be just a logging issue, but if loglines
> were just delayed, there would not be a gap in the timestamps, would be
> there? And tpop3d, as well as courier-imap is able to log without any
> problems all the time...

What filesystem are you using?
If it is a journaling filesystem, and the journal had filled right up
and was being flushed to a busy disk subsystem there is a chance that
all writes could hang. This might well cause a logging gap for exim
(since it often logs after a disk synchronous operation) but not for a
pop daemon which might not perform any disk synchronous writes prior to
logging.

    Nigel.