Re: [exim] Wishlist item: once_repeat_daily

Author: V. T. Mueller, Continum
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Wishlist item: once_repeat_daily
Hello,

On Mittwoch, 24. November 2004, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, V. T. Mueller, Continum wrote:
> > Would anyone else like the idea of having a once_repeat
> > that "acts daily"?
> Quite apart from the difference between relative and absolute time, Exim
> is not running permanently, looking for the time to arrive. It will only
> activate when an incoming message arrives. So there is no way it can be
> set up to "repeat once today".

Err, sorry, I understand the docs [27.1-once]:
"This option names a file or DBM database in which a record
of each To: recipient is kept when the message is specified
by the transport. [..] However, if once_repeat specifies a
time greater than zero, the message is sent if that much
time has elapsed since a message was last sent to this
recipient. If once is unset, the message is always sent."

in the way that in an a vacation transport with once set,
each time a message is handled the to: address is looked up
in the db. If it's not in there already, it'll be recorded.
If already in, the autoreply is only sent if the current
time is greater than the timestamp in the db plus the value
of once_repeat. Is my understanding of this correct?

If yes, it should be possible to check if the possible
recipient of a vacation message has been notified already
that very day or n - according to the setting of the
respective variable - days in the past.

Kind regards,
vt

--