Re: Fwd: Re: [exim-dev] problems in eximstats.8

Author: Derek Martin
To: Ollie Cook
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [exim-dev] problems in eximstats.8
On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:12:06PM +0000, Ollie Cook wrote:
> The 'charter' for this list[1] is:
>
> | Suitable topics include development work on exim,

[SNIP]
> IMHO that explicitly suggests that non-process related emails don't
> belong on this list for the meantime.

I think the part I left quoted tends to suggest otherwise. Especially
to people who would be new to the list and unfamiliar with its
historical purpose. I think reporting bugs and discussion of fixing
bugs qualifies as "development work on exim" -- probably most
(non-exim) developers would think so too -- and as such the charter
seems to suggest that it is welcome here. If it truly isn't, then I
think the charter, as well as the name of the list, really should be
changed (i.e. a new list should be created, while this one is left
alone, as I said before).

I'll return to lurker mode now... ;-)

--
Derek D. Martin