Re: Fwd: Re: [exim-dev] problems in eximstats.8

Author: Ollie Cook
To: Derek Martin
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [exim-dev] problems in eximstats.8
On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:58:45AM +0900, Derek Martin wrote:
> FWIW, this increasingly seems to be a wrong answer. All of the topics
> being discussed are relevant to the development of exim, even if not
> specifically related to the process; it seems unlikely that the
> average user of exim would have any interest in these details. And,
> since I joined the list a number of months ago, I have seen no
> messages relating to the process which you mention, that I can recall.
> My suggestion would be to continue to use this list for
> development-related issues, and if need be (which seems not to be the
> case) create yet another list for the process you mentioned.

The 'charter' for this list[1] is:

| Suitable topics include development work on exim, future directions and
| means to manage exim development. At present it is focused on managing and
| changing the development process, but this focus will change over time.

| For the present please post bug reports and imediate development items to
| the exim-users list and not this one.

IMHO that explicitly suggests that non-process related emails don't belong on
this list for the meantime.

It's not the usual -dev/-users split you see in other open source projects, but
I think we ought to respect Philip's and Nigel's wishes on how they want the
lists to be used.

Ollie