Re: [exim] "sender verify defer" although no "verify sender"

Author: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "sender verify defer" although no "verify sender"
Hello,

> Before:
>
>   accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts

> accept authenticated = *
>

> After:
>

>   accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
>           endpass
>           message       = Wrong sender address: $sender_address.\n
>                           Please verify your configuration.
>           verify        = sender

>   accept  authenticated = *
>           endpass
>           message       = Wrong sender address: $sender_address.\n
>                           Please verify your configuration.
>           verify        = sender

thanks, I will do this on our relay, because right now the relay accepts
everything authenticated, even with wrong return-path, but our incoming
mail server rejects wrong return-paths, so the relay can't send a bounce
because the address given in the return-path doesn't exist and the
incoming mail is refusing it so after 7 days the message is deleted on
the relay. And most customers are not amused about that.

Regards
Marten