RE: [exim] callout recipient problems continued: "no_cache" …

Author: Ralf Hauser
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] callout recipient problems continued: "no_cache" ignored and still "use_postmaster" results in "time value in ACL condition in 10s, defer_ok, random, use_postmaster"
> > <<5633 H=adsl-62-167-146-248.adslplus.ch (RalfHauser) [62.167.146.248]
> > F=<ralfhauser@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <aaaaa1@???>: bad
> > time value in ACL condition "verify
> > recipient/callout=defer_ok,random,use_postmaster">>
>
> I will check this out. Meantime, try giving it a timeout value:
>
> verify = recipient/callout=10s,defer_ok,random,use_postmaster

Unfortunately, the problem still occurs

> > 4) the above then leads to a caching problem: Apparently, the chache is
> only
> > based on the recipient address and not the sender (assume that
> use_sender
> > was set), so once the domain "stgag.om" was corrected to "stgag.com",
> the
> > mail would not go through despite a.lue@??? was correct all the
> > time.
>
> Are you using the latest release? Various bugs of this type were mended
> in previous releases. Ah, I see you are using 4.31. The following was
> fixed in 4.32, for instance:
>
> 16. Change 71 for release 4.31 proved to be much less benign that I
> imagined.
>     Three changes have been made:

>     (a) There was a serious bug; a negative response to MAIL caused the
>         whole
>         recipient domain to be cached as invalid, thereby blocking all
>         messages
>         to all local parts at the same domain, from all senders. This bug
>         has
>         been fixed. The domain is no longer cached after a negative
>         response to
>         MAIL if the sender used is not empty.

> Please upgrade to 4.43, the current release.

Ok, I did compile and install 4.43 and still have the problem that the
receiving domain is blocked.
Then, I resorted to adding "no_cache" in my exim.conf to
  require verify        = recipient/callout=defer_ok,random,no_cache
and after a HUP, the domain was still blocked.
Is it possible that the cache is in a file that survives the kill -HUP?
If so, where is it (assuming that deleting it would solve the problem).
Unfortunately, the log output no longer rejects quickly with an explanation,
but simple hangs for a long time-out after writing:
<<22991 Connection request from 62.167.64.12 port 27752
22991 2 SMTP accept processes running
22991 Listening...
23217 Process 23217 is handling incoming connection from [62.167.64.12]
23217 Process 23217 is ready for new message
23217 LOG: lost_incoming_connection MAIN
23217   unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP command from
adsl-62-167-64-12.adslplus.ch (RalfHauser) [62.167.64.12]
22991 child 23217 ended: status=0x100
22991 0 SMTP accept processes now running
22991 Listening...>>
Most likely, it is the MUA Outlook that disconnected...

Any hints would be highly appreciated