Re: [exim] Already covered issues with RH

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Brian Zuromski
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Already covered issues with RH
On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 08:52 -0500, Brian Zuromski wrote:
> Does anyone have a solution for getting these errors?
>
> I know it was supposedly fixed in 4.14 however I saw in other threads on
> this list that there are possibly other causes.

I suspect that its a module loader issue related to ipv6 being
repeatedly loaded (or attempted to load) when exim performs ipv6 related
operations on a non-ipv6 system.

My workround is described in
http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20031027/msg00011.html

I suspect this may not be an issue now since a newish box running FC3 is
not showing this problem. However RHEL will still be running a 2.4.x
kernel.

I expect a box properly configured with ipv6 would not keep messing with
the module loader and so not trigger this effect.

    Nigel.