Re: [exim] Multiple MySQL db

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple MySQL db
Lanny Jason Godsey <lannygodsey@???> wrote:
> I have this same problem with a twist. I have multiple mysql servers
> setup in a master-slave relationship.
>
> I want all writes to go to 1 system, and all reads to come from a a
> group of 4 other systems.
>
> All the databases/tables have the same names, is there an easy way to
> manage this circumstance?

I don't know of one.

> I'm currently using embedded Perl instead of native mysql support
> (even using sql relay to handle talking to the 4 backend hosts)

Yep, I do something similar with ${readsocket and a perl daemon.

The db code in Exim could use some updating - there have been many calls for
more flexibility and more sophisticated caching. Philip's (quite correct)
response is that someone could write a lookup daemon which would integrate
simply with the main code - this could implement per-backend plugins with
support for connection pooling (like sql relay), caching etc.

No, sorry, I'm not volunteering, I've nowhere near the skill or time needed.
I'll gladly help work on the spec, though...

Peter