RE: [exim] callout in the name of another origin address tha…

Autor: Ralf Hauser
A: 'Tony Finch'
CC: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim] callout in the name of another origin address than the current smtp "from" - e.g. the server admin or any other address of the operating domain
Assumptes nous: RE: [exim] callout in the name of another origin address than the current smtp "from" - e.g. the server admin or any other address of the operating domain - use_postmaster --> temporarily rejected b
Assumpte: RE: [exim] callout in the name of another origin address than the current smtp "from" - e.g. the server admin or any other address of the operating domain - use_postmaster --> temporarily rejected
Tony,

> > When doing the call-out to verify whether a recipient exists, I would
> > like
> > not to use the from of the sender but a origin address of operating
> > domain
> > in Exim 4.34. This because our adapted mail service ultimately will also
> > deliver the mail with such a "MAIL FROM" and not the original smtp
> > sender.
>
> From the 4.40 spec:
>
>  .   "use_postmaster": This option applies to recipient callouts only. For
>      example:
>        deny  !verify = recipient/callout=use_postmaster
>      It causes a non-empty postmaster address to be used in the MAIL
>      command
>      when performing the callout. The local part of the address is
>      "postmaster" and the domain is the contents of $qualify_domain.

Thanks a lot for the hint. However, I got several follow-up problems with
that
1) I might want to specify another local part than "postmaster" (the thread
around
http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20040823/msg00109.h
tml appears to have some arguments in this respect). How would I do that?
2) Furthermore, in my Debian exim4.43, I try to cumulate this "number of
optional parameters" for 'callout' as described in
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_38.html#SECT38.22
and I only get
<<5633 H=adsl-62-167-146-248.adslplus.ch (RalfHauser) [62.167.146.248]
F=<ralfhauser@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <aaaaa1@???>: bad time
value in ACL condition "verify
recipient/callout=defer_ok,random,use_postmaster">>

or if I regroup it <<bad time value in ACL condition "verify
recipient/callout=use_postmaster,defer_ok,random">>

3) on a 4.31 where I specify neither use_postmaster nor use_sender, a domain
answers with << 29833 H=217-162-236-62.dclient.hispeed.ch (DELL8600CCA)