Re: [exim] callout in the name of another origin address tha…

Autor: Tony Finch
A: hauser
CC: exim-users
Assumptes nous: RE: [exim] callout in the name of another origin address than the current smtp "from" - e.g. the server admin or any other address of the operating domain - use_postmaster --> temporarily rejected
Assumpte: Re: [exim] callout in the name of another origin address than the current smtp "from" - e.g. the server admin or any other address of the operating domain
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Ralf Hauser wrote:

> When doing the call-out to verify whether a recipient exists, I would like
> not to use the from of the sender but a origin address of operating domain
> in Exim 4.34. This because our adapted mail service ultimately will also
> deliver the mail with such a "MAIL FROM" and not the original smtp sender.

From the 4.40 spec:

 .   "use_postmaster": This option applies to recipient callouts only. For     |
     example:                                                                  |

       deny  !verify = recipient/callout=use_postmaster                        |

     It causes a non-empty postmaster address to be used in the MAIL command   |
     when performing the callout. The local part of the address is "postmas-   |
     ter" and the domain is the contents of $qualify_domain.                   |

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING