[exim] "sender verify defer" although no "verify sender"

Autor: Marten Lehmann
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim] Authenticator failed for external connected thru mail client software (not webmail).
Assumpte: [exim] "sender verify defer" although no "verify sender"
Hello,

in my ACL's I removed the "require verify = sender" line, because I had
too much trouble with it. But it seems as if the line would still be
there, because I still have entries like the following in the mainlog:

2004-11-22 18:10:56 H=mail.diamantquelle.info (proxy) [217.5.243.146]
sender verify defer for <Dowdyrdl@???>: host lookup did not complete

This is my ACL section:

acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
begin acl
acl_check_rcpt:

accept hosts = :

   deny    message       = Restricted characters in address
           domains       = +local_domains
           local_parts   = ^[.] : ^.*[@%!/|]

   deny    message       = Restricted characters in address
           domains       = !+local_domains
           local_parts   = ^[./|] : ^.*[@%!] : ^.*/\\.\\./

   accept  local_parts   = postmaster
           domains       = +local_domains

#  require verify        = sender

   accept  domains       = +local_domains
           endpass
           verify        = recipient

   accept  domains       = +relay_to_domains
           endpass
           verify        = recipient

   accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts

accept authenticated = *

   deny    message       = relay not permitted

Do you see anything that's wrong?

Regards
Marten