Re: [exim] "sender verify defer" although no "verify sender"

Autor: Marten Lehmann
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] "sender verify defer" although no "verify sender"
Hello Fred,

> | in my ACL's I removed the "require verify = sender" line, because I had
> | too much trouble with it.
>
> Really? What trouble?

it simply takes too long at 100.000 smtp-connections a day and often
customers with intranets are doing some rewriting so that the
Return-Path isn't correct, but the From-address is and the To-address,
too. It's too hard to explain 1-3 customers a day why the emails don't
arrive although the To-address is correct.

> | But it seems as if the line would still be
> | there, because I still have entries like the following in the mainlog:
>
> Did you HUP the exim process after editing the config file?

No. I even killed exim and starting it again. So this is surely not the
problem. I guess it's somewhere in the understanding of ACLs, maybe some
other rule performs the sender verify, but I don't know which one.

Regards
Marten