Re: [exim] Strange timeout problem on port 113

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Stefan Brohs, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange timeout problem on port 113
At 5:37 pm +0100 2004/11/20, Stefan Brohs wrote:
>I inspected my exim box and found no place where the external
>address is still configured. But the exim configuration if course
>still uses the name of the external address as primary_hostname. The
>question is, how I can tell exim not to connect to 113 (which seems
>to be authd, right?) and from where does exim take the external
>address to try to connect to this port?

I do not understand this external address question, anyway, exit
simply attempts an ident call to the connecting host address and, as
somebody said, this is "cured" by reducing to 0 the ident timeout.
Since the ident call can be useful to detect certain open proxies I
would suggest instead that you send a reset for tcp to port 113 on
the firewall behind which your client is.