[exim] aliases ??

Author: Paul Constable
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] aliases ??
I'm having trouble again.......... The problem hinges around 'aliases'.
My system appears to be ignoring aliases, even though having done 'newaliases'
command.

Here below is the output from 'exim -C ..... -bv':-

Exim version 4.30 #1 built 10-May-2004 13:36:21
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2003
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (May  5, 2004)
Support for: iconv() IPv6 OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch cdb dbm dmbnz dnsdb dsearch ldap
ldapdn ldapm passwd
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Contains exiscan-acl patch revision 16 (c) Tom Kistner
[http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/]
Configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf

What am I missing It must be something simple, and all I see is the trees !!!!

Hopefully, somebody will advise me , and bring clearer vision.

TIA,
Paul