Re: [exim] ${rfc2047:} questions

Autor: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] ${rfc2047:} questions
On Monday 15 of November 2004 12:01, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > It seems that exim creates longer encoded strings and encodes newlines.
> > For example when using with exiscan and spamassassin I get:

[...]
> How are those header lines created? Are they defined in an ACL or is
> exiscan or spamassassin adding them?

In acl
   warn  message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
         condition = ${if <{$message_size}{100k}{1}{0}}
         spam = $acl_m0:true

Added headers in non rfc2047 form can look like this
 is treated as spam ONLY if X-Spam-Flag header is set to YES.
 If you have any report questions, see report postmaster@xxx for details.
 pts rule name              description
 2.3 MIME_BOUND_MANY_HEX    Spam tool pattern in MIME boundary
 1.3 MILLION_USD            BODY: Talks about millions of dollars
 0.4 US_DOLLARS_3           BODY: Mentions millions of $ ($NN,NNN,NNN.NN)
 1.8 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
 [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?81.199.108.8>]
 2.5 RCVD_IN_XBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
 [81.199.108.8 listed in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org]
 1.1 RCVD_IN_SBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus SBL
 [81.199.108.8 listed in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org]
 2.9 NIGERIAN_BODY1         Message body looks like a Nigerian spam message 1+
 0.4 PLING_PLING            Subject has lots of exclamation marks

> > It looks like exim does wrong thing here - IMO it should make these
> > strings no longer that 75 chars AND do not encode CRLF (because encoding
> > it makes headers less readable).
>
> The documentation for the ${rfc2047 operator does say that it outputs a
> single encoded 'word', but perhaps that is a poor specification.

Well, but that doesn't follow rfc2047 it seems.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/