Re: [exim] Expansion of transport filters

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steffen Heil
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Expansion of transport filters
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Steffen Heil wrote:

> I tried:
> transport_filter = "${if .... {/path/filter param param}{} }"

That won't work because it contains white space. The external quotes are
removed when the option is read. As it says in the manual, the command
is FIRST split up into components, and THEN each component is expanded.
So you need internal quotes, and you need to arrange for each command
component (name, argument) is separately expandable. You can use single
quotes. Read how the pipe transport works; it's the same.

> transport_filter =
> "${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch*@{filename}{$value}fail}"
>
> But I think, if "if" does not work, neighter will "lookup".

You could look up the command name, and individual arguments, but not
the whole command.