Re: [exim] Router name lenth bug?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steffen Heil
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Router name lenth bug?
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Steffen Heil wrote:

> As you see, there was a typo between the transport option of the router and
> the actual transport name.

Sigh. Originally, Exim checked transport names on loading. Then I was
persuaded to make the "transport" option an expandable string...

> However, exim didn't detect an error when loading, even worse, IT USED THE
> WRONG TRANSPORT silently...

That seems unbelievable. Have you got evidence to prove this?

> Is this a bug?

If true, yes, but I can't think how it could find a transport with the
wrong name.

> Or is there a maximum length for router/transport names?

There does seem to be a buffer of length 64 in there. Long enough for
your names, however.

> If so, why is there no warning about two equally named transports?

There should be such a warning. When I test this, I do get a warning
like this:

2004-11-10 11:19:29 Exim configuration error:
there are two transports called "address_reply"