RE: [exim] Help with mixed case addresses

Author: Jan-Peter Koopmann
To: John Stevens
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Help with mixed case addresses
Hi,

> My organization wants to use addresses of the form:
> John.Smith@???.

No problem. Default: local parts are handled case-insensitive. Question:
Do you want

John.Smith@??? to be handled differently from
john.smith@???

If so you will need caseful_local_part = true. If not then don't touch
this setting and leave it false.

> How do I configure exim to not
> reject those addresses with "Unroutable address" errors? I've

Who exactly tells you "Unroutable address"? Do you do local delivery or
do you "just" relay mail to an inbound mailer? Have you tried debug
sessions? Do you have "+caseful" in one of your matching statements?

Regards,
JP