Re: [exim-dev] Standardizing the Exim documentation

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Christoph Kliemt
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Standardizing the Exim documentation
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Christoph Kliemt wrote:

> > Sure, but you need something to do the processing. As I said, it looks
> > like there are projects for doing this, but I didn't have enough time to
> > fully work it through.
>
> If we use standard-conforming stylesheets any xsl-processor will do the
> job ( i often use xalan from the apache project ).

If you say so! (I am no expert.) It's just that I know how fiddly it is
to generate Texinfo from the current source because of the way a
properly hyperlinked Texinfo source has to be, so I'm just a bit
skeptical. (You can't generate it in a single pass, for instance. At
least, I found I had to read ahead to the next chapter so that I could
use its "node name" in the link at the start of this chapter. Of course
this was years ago; maybe Texinfo itself has changed in the meantime.)

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. There probably will be a way of doing
it.

Regards,
Philip