Re: [exim-dev] Standardizing the Exim documentation

Author: Christoph Kliemt
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Standardizing the Exim documentation
Moin!

Philip Hazel <ph10@???> writes:

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Christoph Kliemt wrote:
>
>> Since XML docbook is a moving target i am afraid that there has to be
>> done a lot of superfluous work just to keep up with current versions.
>
> What is moving? In my experiments, what was generated by Asciidoc seemed
> to be the same as the markup described in the 1999 O'Reilly DocBook
> book.

Hmm... we should sync on "docbook". What came to my mind was this:
http://www.docbook.org/xml/index.html

[...]

>> Edit the xml-source with a "validating" xml-Editor. I use an sgml-mode
>> in xemacs.
>
> I don't use emacs, and I know I'm not the only person in the world who
> doesn't. :-)

Yes, i know there are a lot of people out there who did not find the way
to the light... ;-)

[...]

>> Cocoon is worth to have a look at. http://cocoon.apache.org/
>
> I'll take a look.

Maybe cocoon is a bit to net-centric.

http://xml.apache.org/

[...]

>> Texinfo: If there is a xml-masterfile i do not see why there cant be
>> stylesheets that do that transformation. I did not have a closer look
>> at this, but google delivered 940 hits for "xslt stylesheet texinfo".
>
> Sure, but you need something to do the processing. As I said, it looks
> like there are projects for doing this, but I didn't have enough time to
> fully work it through.

If we use standard-conforming stylesheets any xsl-processor will do the
job ( i often use xalan from the apache project ).

Regards, Christoph