Re: [exim] exim4 : /etc/aliases

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 : /etc/aliases
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:12:40 +0530, Kausalya Ramaswamy <ksri@???> wrote:
> hi all
>
> I have
>
> all     :include:/etc/twousers in my /etc/aliases file. I want that if i
> type all@??? it should go to the fully qualified user@???
> addresses in /etc/twousers file. exim4 throws this error and does not deliver

> error in redirect data: missing or malformed local part (expected
> word or "<") in "include:/etc/twousers

You need this syntax:

all: :include:/etc/twousers

From http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_22.html#IX1739

-snip-
If an item is of the form

:include:<path name>

a list of further items is taken from the given file and included at
that point. Note: such a file can not be a filter file; it is just an
out-of-line addition to the list. The items in the included list are
separated by commas or newlines and are not subject to expansion. If
this is the first item in an alias list in an lsearch file, a colon
must be used to terminate the alias name. This example is incorrect:

  list1    :include:/opt/lists/list1

It must be given as

list1: :include:/opt/lists/list1
-snip-