Re: [exim] More embedded Perl functionality

Author: Tore Anderson
To: Nic Ferrier
CC: Peter Savitch, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] More embedded Perl functionality
* Nic Ferrier

> Maybe I've misunderstood but you can get the message from inside
> Perl embeddded into exim. Here's some example Perl:
>
 >     my $exim_hdrs = Exim::expand_string('$message_headers');
 >     my $exim_body = Exim::expand_string('$message_body');
 >     my $exim_body_end = Exim::expand_string('$message_body_end');

> I do this in my bayesian spam filter which runs inside embedded perl
> from an exim filter:

It is exactly this, amongst other things, that I'd like to do. I'd
also like to be able to make a Perl function that runs inside Exim that
can also act as an MDA, but that's another topic entirely..

However, $message_body(_end) is often not the entire email, as the
amount of characters pointed to by those variables is limited by some
config setting which I don't remember the name of off the top of my
head. That's why I want -something- I can use to reliably use to get
hold of the entire email body (and headers, but that's already easy).

Perhaps if I set the configuration variable I'm thinking of to a very
high number..

--
Tore Anderson