Re: [exim] More embedded Perl functionality

Author: Nic Ferrier
To: Tore Anderson
CC: Peter Savitch, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] More embedded Perl functionality
Tore Anderson <tore@???> writes:

> I'm not really concerned about the authenticity of the Envelope-To:
> header, I generally get that right anyway. And checking for quota
> availability I tend to do directly in the RCPT TO ACL.
>
> The reason I would like to see this functionality is merely that when
> I already have a Perl interpreter bootstrapped and running within Exim,
> it would be nice to avoid having to start another one.
>
> So yes, what I'm asking for is something very similar to the pipe
> transport, only that it should call an internal Perl subroutine instead
> of an external executable. Return codes and so on could easily be
> treated the same.

Maybe I've misunderstood but you can get the message from inside Perl
embeddded into exim. Here's some example Perl:

    my $exim_hdrs = Exim::expand_string('$message_headers');
    my $exim_body = Exim::expand_string('$message_body');
    my $exim_body_end = Exim::expand_string('$message_body_end');

I do this in my bayesian spam filter which runs inside embedded perl
from an exim filter:

http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk/nics-blog/spamhandle.html

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk