Re: FW: [exim] Unable to delivery mail locally

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Giuliano Gavazzi
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Sashikala Rajalingam, exim-users
Kopio:
Aihe: Re: FW: [exim] Unable to delivery mail locally
At 4:52 pm +0800 2004/11/02, Sashikala Rajalingam wrote:
>Hi,
>
>All external mails are being routed through myHQ to myplace...That explains
>the
>domainlist local_domains...

no, that does not explain it. The local_domains are the domain for
which you store mail locally. So, if you just receive and store
locally comptel.com, even if it has been forwarded by "yourHQ" (and
now you tell me what's the point of three MX records with priority 99
all pointing to the same IP...), then your local_domains is just
comptel.com (some people would add the FQDN of the server itself but
that's [...])

>But for primary_hostname and domains = $primary_hostname it is my
>mistake...I edited that for some testing...
>
>Now if I send emails through mt test server it gets routed to myHQ and comes
>back to myplace even for localuser....Thanks

of course.

[...]
>domainlist local_domains =
>localhost:my.comptel.com:smtp.my.comptel.com:pop.my.comptel.com:unixdns.my.c
>omptel.com

[...]
>are you sure you want localhost? And the others? Where is
>comptel.com? Don't you expect to accept mail *only* for comptel.com?

also notice that your outgoing mail server gets a lot of spam points
here as both its HELO arg and its IP do not resolve:

And please don't top post! (that is don't write the reply above the
received text).

Giuliano