Re: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tony Finch
Para: Chris Edwards
CC: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Chris Edwards wrote:

> | Freeserve's intercepting email servers are in the RBL+; we then reject the
> | bounce as well, and the message is lost.
>
> Ooh - I'd clean forgotten about that fantastic piece of cluelessness.
> We ended up whitelisting the IPs in the RBL+ listing:

All the complaints we had arising from this were our misconfigured users,
so we got them to fix their problems. We've made some effort since then to
make this kind of error less likely to result in lost email: as well as
the remote submission service, our submission server IP addresses no
longer provide an MX service, so misconfigured users will get an immediate
error rather than a mysterious ability to email other local users but not
remote addresses.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING