Re: [exim] Alternate callout verification sequence suggestio…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Barry Pederson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim User's Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [exim] Alternate callout verification sequence suggestion
V. T. Mueller, Continum wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2004, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>>According to the docs - this is the sender callout sequence:
>>For a sender callout check, Exim makes SMTP connections to the remote
>>hosts, to test whether a bounce message could be delivered to the sender
>>address. The following SMTP commands are sent:
>> HELO </primary host name/>
>> MAIL FROM:<>
>> RCPT TO:</the address to be tested/>
>> QUIT
>>May I suggest something different.
>> HELO </primary host name/>
>> 250 helo MRLRY
>> MAIL FROM:<>
>> 501 bogus mail from
>># fail detected - try different address
>> MAIL FROM: <some real email address - possibly the To: header?>
>> 250 OK

How about an option similar to "defer_ok", where a "mail from: <>" failure is
treated as success by the ACL.

I've run into so many sites that refuse mail from <>, especially those running this:

    X1 NT-ESMTP Server ***.*** (IMail 6.06 43301-13)

that I had to give up doing sender verification for now.

With some kind of "mail_fail_ok" option, you could at least sender-verify where
possible, but still manage to receive mail from poor senders who's ISP isn't
playing by the rules.

    Barry