Re: [exim] Advise about spam notification - advanced spam

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Advise about spam notification - advanced spam
Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> Hello Senior Mail Admins,
>
> (Hi Suresh ;))
>
> This is for the hawk-eyed mail admins.
>
> I am confused by a certain notification I received about one of the
> hosts I am responsible for being "abused" by spammers.
> The reasons for my disbelief are:

The spam looks very much like a worm infected PC - either on that host
or behind a NAT.

Also - if you are, like several African ISPs, on a satellite link
(asymmetrical - traffic inbound through one pipe and outbound through
another), the port 25 blocking filters you put in place should be
applied BOTH inbound and outbound to stop this sort of thing.

    srs