[exim] Advise about spam notification - advanced spam

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Advise about spam notification - advanced spam

Hello Senior Mail Admins,

(Hi Suresh ;))

This is for the hawk-eyed mail admins.

I am confused by a certain notification I received about one of the
hosts I am responsible for being "abused" by spammers.
The reasons for my disbelief are:

(1) the fact the host in question is literally 'closed' for the
    outside world. Only two hosts from my network can communicate
    directly with this host on port 25.
(2) The host IP has a registered PTR RR and so I also don't see
    how the name can come up as "unknown".

I am wondering how the spammer, if any, managed this. Are there
new tricks out there by spammers that can subvert even hosts that
cannot be accessed from the Internet, like 62.8.70.75??

Thanking you in advance for your time.

Below are the full details of the notification I received:

<CUT>