Re: [exim] hostname and HELO/EHLO response

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John W. Baxter
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] hostname and HELO/EHLO response
On 10/21/2004 8:25, "Stuart Gall" <stuart@???> wrote:

> It might be worth mentioning What RFC ?
> Last RFC I read on SMTP said you are not supposed to reject on helo
> what ever it contains.

Regardless of whether or not a server should reject incoming mail because of
a faulty EHLO/HELO string, if Justin wants to get mail through to
Sourceforge (and more than a few other sites) he will need to adjust his
configuration to provide a suitable EHLO/HELO. The discussions of MUST and
MUST NOT and so forth are not relevant to Justin's problem.

Sourceforge is known to like their policy and is not going to be relaxing it
(almost certainly).

As to exactly what change to make, I can't help...I am totally unfamiliar
with how Debian has arranged the Exim configuration file(s), on Woody with
Exim 4.34 installed.

--John