Re: [exim] Sieve Question

Top Pagina
Auteur: Chris Thompson
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Sieve Question
Marc Perkel <marc@???> writes:

> But sieve was written as a stand alone program to be used as a final
> delivery agent. If it is part of Exim then that creates an entirely
> different environment and therefore implies different rules. Now - I can
> see being a purist to some extent as to not mess with the language
> itself. As a stand alone application it makes sense to deliver to the
> Inbox by default. But integraded into Exim that should be one of the
> options.
>
> I suggest that there be router settings that override the default
> behavior of Sieve in Exim. In my case I d want to perhaps deliver it to
> the Inbox - but I have serveral routers beyond that router that will do
> that. But it has to use those routers to determine what to do with it.

I strongly agree with this. The way that Sieve filters are currently
integrated into Exim makes the whole "inbox" thing very awkward to
deal with.

Also, there ought to be an option on the redirect router to allow
only Exim filter files, not Sieve ones (or vice versa, I suppose).
Currently allow_filter is a both-or-neither option.

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@???