[exim] openssl + gnutls

Top Pagina
Auteur: Frank Brodbeck
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] openssl + gnutls
Hi List.

I'm very confused here and have some troubles with certificates. Well I
don't believe that there is something wrong with my certificates,
because basically I do them the same way I made them for testing
purposes but now they don't work. The only differences are that my CA
is now using OpenBSD (earlier I used Debian) and that I'm using the
Debian packages of Exim 4 instead of compiling it myself - indeed I do
use the so called heavy daemon. BTW I use openssl for creating the
certificates.

I tried a lot of stuff on my CA to get my secure SMTP working, but
everytime STARTTLS is sent, something is wrong with the key, (setup
certs/key) or the last time I tested it exim just complains about an
TLS error on connection from some.domain.tld

I'm not sure about it, but I think that I used openssl as a server and
not GnuTLS as the Debian package does. So are openssl certificates some
sort of incompatible with GnuTLS?

have a nice day,
Frank.

--