[exim] Sieve Standards and the Exim Environment

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Perkel
Para: exim-users
Temas antigos: Re: [exim] Sieve Question
Asunto: [exim] Sieve Standards and the Exim Environment
Michael,

What the standard says and what it means in a specific context is often
two different things. There are many standards that are Unix standards
that refer to rile like this:

/this/is/a/file/path

But when ported to windows it became:

c:\this\is\a\file\path

Its the same thing - but a different environment.

In the context of sieve being part of Exim then there needs to be some
changes as to what things mean when it's used as a filter rather than a
stand alone delivery product running externally.

I would agree that "fileinto" would mean to deliver it to a folder. But
- if it specified a router name instead of a folder then why couldn't
Exim be smart enough to say the "fileinto" really means a "destination"
and that destination could mean a file or a router?

What does "keep" mean. If seive is stand alone then that means you have
to do something with it so the default action is to stick it in the
Inbox. But as part of Exim "keep" might mean do nothing with it and let
the next router do the job.

Nothing I'm proposing changes in any way what the syntax look like or
breaks anything. I don't think it violates the RFC to interpret that
"keep" might actually do something a little different as long as it
keeps the message. Or that "fileinto" might specify a router that does
the storage. I maintains the "spirit" of the command.