Re: [exim] Sieve Question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Perkel
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Sieve Question

Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Marc Perkel wrote:
>

>>What I want - Phil - hope you are listening - is for the default action of the
>>sieve router to pass on to the next router.
>>

>I am not a Sieve person - the code is maintained by Michael Haardt.
>However, as I understand it, the specification of Sieve mandates that if
>you send message to Sieve, it MUST handle ALL the deliveries. In other
>words, it would be non-standard to do as you want.

But sieve was written as a stand alone program to be used as a final
delivery agent. If it is part of Exim then that creates an entirely
different environment and therefore implies different rules. Now - I can
see being a purist to some extent as to not mess with the language
itself. As a stand alone application it makes sense to deliver to the
Inbox by default. But integraded into Exim that should be one of the
options.

I suggest that there be router settings that override the default
behavior of Sieve in Exim. In my case I d want to perhaps deliver it to
the Inbox - but I have serveral routers beyond that router that will do
that. But it has to use those routers to determine what to do with it.

>>Much like an exim filter does. With the Exim filter - if the filter
>>doesn't do anything - then it goes on to the next router. I want seive
>>to have an option to do the same thing.
>>

>The whole point about Sieve is that it is standardised in an RFC. If you
>want to do non-standard things, then you might as well use an Exim
>filter, because what you are doing is no longer going to be portable to
>other Sieve installations.

But the RFC doesn't make sense if it is part of exim rather than a stand
alone final stand alone delivery agent. In my case passing to the next
router IS how it delives to the Inbox.