Re: [exim] exim vexim qpopper

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Avleen Vig
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Bahman
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] exim vexim qpopper
On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 02:47:58PM -0400, Bahman wrote:
> Hei people,
> I have posted few request and got replies. I thank you. But now I am
> confused :) I need to send/recieve mail using exim. That I managed by
> creating users on my server for the number of the email account, which
> I do not like it.
> I was advised to use vexim. I used it now I have the following:
> Evolution as mail user agent (MUA) <--> exim4 , vexim <--> mysql
>     * I followed the configuration document to set them up. I sent an
>     email to myself from outside (yahoo) to the accounts that I
>     created via vexim, and got error (address not known!!)
>     * I sent an email (yahoo) to the user defined by Evolution as mail
>     user agent, and of course it was okay.
> Now what should I do to get the follwoing:
> using Evolution as mail user agent (MUA) be able to sent/recive mails
> to/from outside to the mail accounts created by vexim? Do I have to
> use qpopper in connjuction with exim?

http://silverwraith.com/vexim/pop3imap.php
I don't know how up to date th qpopper section is, but it's a start I
hope. I also recommend joining the vexim users list, linked from:
http://silverwraith.com/vexim
You'll be able to get a lot of vexim help there, and it's probably a
little more approrpriate than exim-users :)