Re: [exim] Authentication for sending

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Giuliano Gavazzi
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Michael Johnson, exim-users
Kopio:
Aihe: Re: [exim] Authentication for sending
At 5:35 pm -0400 2004/10/20, Michael Johnson wrote:
>On Oct 20, 2004, at 5:17 PM, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

[...]
>> The server_secret is the password in clear, so you could lookup
>>the user ($1) in a database to find the corresponding password.
>
>So the server_set_id should still be $1 since that's the ID of the
>user I'm trying to check, right?

I'm pretty sure that's the case (but you can look up the spec.txt
file for safety), well, it should be otherwise I don't think you
would have had that log line. But the server_set_id line is not
essential, as far as I know. In the spec.txt you will also find a
sample lookup of the password in a plain file.

(I hope it is alright that I also send my replies directly to you)

Giuliano