Re: [exim] slow in deliver email to external mail server.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ollie Cook
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] slow in deliver email to external mail server.
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 06:40:51PM +0800, sam wun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When sending email thru Exim4 smtp, I found it takes longer than than
> postfix to deliver email to external email account, but sending to local
> email account is fast enuf.
> Is there any tunning I should do/

Perhaps. It's impossible to say without some details. Could you provide the
log entries for a message which was slow to deliver using:

grep [message-id] /path/to/exim/mainlog

You might also like to try debugging the delivery of a message which is still
on the queue:

/path/to/exim -d+all-memory -M [message-id]

Both of those should give us some clues as to why the deliveries are happening
slowly.

My first guess would be ident timeouts which default to 30s:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_14.html#IX1346

Ollie

--
Ollie Cook         Systems Architect, Claranet UK
ollie@???               +44 20 7685 8065