Re: [exim] Automatic extraction of forwarded messages ?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jerry Nicholls
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Automatic extraction of forwarded messages ?
On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 09:54, Tim Jackson wrote:

> You're probably going to have to do something using Perl/PHP/whatever,
> unless you come up with a creative use of Exiscan's built-in MIME decoding
> functions to save the extracted RFC822 mail to an external file and do
> something with it. It's probably possible with the flexibility of Exiscan
> these days, but is not really what Exiscan was designed for :)

I ended up writing a 26 line (21 if you exclude blank lines) perl
program, using MIME::Parser. Under the correct conditions the .forward
file pipes the mail to it, and it ends up writing out the
message/rfc2822 portion to a maildir file. If anybody else wants this
script they're welcome.

Thanks anyway,
Jerry.
--