Re: [exim] Automatic extraction of forwarded messages ?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tim Jackson
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Automatic extraction of forwarded messages ?
Hi Jerry, on Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:04:25 +0100 you wrote:

> Has anyone here tried automatically extracting forwarded emails out into
> a mailbox, ie I have one email address that receives many automatically
> forwarded mails that are sent as .eml attachments. What I'd like to do
> is to keep the forwarded inner mail but ditch the outer one as that's
> always the same.

You're probably going to have to do something using Perl/PHP/whatever,
unless you come up with a creative use of Exiscan's built-in MIME decoding
functions to save the extracted RFC822 mail to an external file and do
something with it. It's probably possible with the flexibility of Exiscan
these days, but is not really what Exiscan was designed for :)

You may find this Perl script useful - I know I have:

http://jmason.org/software/scripts/extract-rfc822-attachment.txt

Tim