Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Top Pagina
Auteur: John W. Baxter
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?
On 10/13/2004 7:24, "Marc Perkel" <marc@???> wrote:

> ok - I've set up sender callout verification and I have a friend who
> can't send me email. His service provider rejects all messages "mail
> from: <> with 550 bogus sender.
>
> I tried to reason with him and got no where.
>
> Is there any logical reason that someone would reject <> as the from
> address for everyone? Or is this just nuts?

Mark,

Quite aside from (almost) all the discussion in this thread...

You've contacted the server involved...they aren't going to change. You
either have to forego getting mail from your friend, or not do sender verify
when such mail comes in. That's not hard to arrange in the ACL which does
the sender verify.

You should plan your exception so that it scales, since you *will* find
other would-be senders whose mail you want whose servers do the same
thing...and you won't be able to change them, either.

--John