Re: [exim] sender verify help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: Marc Perkel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] sender verify help

--On Monday, October 11, 2004 12:41 pm -0700 Marc Perkel <marc@???>
wrote:

> ok - thanks in advance for helping me. I'm doing sender verification but
> that are some servers out there that don't like <> for a from address. I
> think iy's a cisco firewall thing.

Well, that's never about the server - just the way its configured.
Unfortunately, some vendors make it trivially easy to bar null senders.
That breaks their mail in many ways - they can't send mail to people using
sender verification, they can't get bounce messages, they can't get
vacation messages, they can't get receipt verification messages. In short
they can't ever know that their mail has been delivered, and *they* might
as well not use a return path at all.

If you use postmaster to call out, you'd better make sure that you don't
use sender verification callouts for mail addressed to postmaster, and you
should expect to receive a sender verification callout for every message
that you receive.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team