Re: [exim] Performance Tweaks

Autor: Tony Finch
A: Jose de Paula Eufrásio Junior
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Performance Tweaks
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Jose de Paula Eufrásio Junior wrote:

> So, if anyone can provide manners to make this checks a little less demanding
> in DNS and bandwidth and optimizing even more the MySQL connections (some sort
> of extended cache maybe? replicating the blacklists locally?)

Are you worried about the number of concurrent processes? We have about
1.5 million offered messages each day of which we're rejecting 80% at
SMTP time with a few simple checks. We have 7 machines with up to about
300 concurrent Exim processes each. Local DNS caches are a must; well-
ordered checks can help reduce work.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
LANDS END TO ST DAVIDS HEAD INCLUDING THE BRISTOL CHANNEL: NORTHEAST 5 OR 6,