Re: [exim] Manipulating the Date Header on message delivery

Autor: Ray Jackson
A: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Manipulating the Date Header on message delivery
Apologies, I probably didn't explain the situation fully. We are running some
VoIP services across 3 different time zones (2 in Australia, 1 in NZ) - The
Voicemail platform however lives in just one of those time zones, so when the
call is redirected to Voicemail it ends up on our single Voicemail
server which
pushes the message up to our mail server giving it a time stamp of when it
arrived, however this time stamp is the local time of the Voicemail server...
So when people go and check their Voicemail it reads out the time of
message as
being when it arrived in the Voicemail server's time zone, not the time
zone of
the customer.

Like I said the easiest and best way to fix this is to look at the 'B' party
number of the incoming message and then choose what date/time stamp to
apply to
the voicemail message. However, we can't change the code on the Voicemail
platform as we don't have any source - so I was wondering if we could hack
something on Exim as the mail comes in to do the same thing!? The best I can
come up with so far is tailing the mail logs and when a voicemail message
arrives - running a quick Perl hack to rewrite the Date header in the message
file - I would prefer to do this at delivery time though using some kind of
filter rules (if this is possible!)

Cheers,
Ray