Exim RPMS (was: Re: [exim] Re: [exim-announce] (no subject))

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Temas antigos: [exim] Re: [exim-announce] (no subject)
Asunto: Exim RPMS (was: Re: [exim] Re: [exim-announce] (no subject))
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:22:47 +0200 (CEST) Raymond wrote:

> I hope someone is willing to maintain the RPM packages also.
> Still 4.41 for the RPM's.

OK, I'm going to have a bash at picking up where Nigel left off (thanks to
him for his excellent work in getting the packaging to the stage it's at).
There are now some RPMs for 4.43 available on ftp.exim.org (
/pub/rpms-for-exim/ ), maintained by me (i.e. blame me, not Philip if they
don't work).

Currently there are binaries for Red Hat 7.3 and Fedora Core 1. I might
consider building others depending on demand. However, the key thing that
I will maintain is an SRPM of some sort, because that should allow anyone
to easily build an RPM, whatever system they are on (within reason).

If you take the .src.rpm from either the Fedora or RH73 directories, you
should be able to install and rebuild it on a variety of other systems
including Red Hat 8/9/EL3 etc. Note that although the contents of the
SRPMs are identical (spec file, sources etc.), if you're building on a
system different to that which the SRPM was created on then you may well
need to do this:

rpm -i exim-xxxxxx.src.rpm
cd /path/to/SPECS
rpmbuild -ba exim.spec

rather than simply "rpmbuild --rebuild exim-xxxxxx.src.rpm", due to the
fact that some build dependencies end up hardcoded in the SRPM even though
the spec file caters for a wide variety of systems.

Hope that's useful. Comments, good or bad are welcome.

Tim