Re: [exim] TNEF

Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] TNEF
Tim Jackson wrote:

> > My employer often sends email to me. (Not surprising at all.) I work
> > as a contractor at a different location, so they end up sending email
> > to my home network's servers. Whenever anyone at the company sends me
> > anything, it all gets encapsulated in a TNEF file.
>
> This is going to be very tricky to handle at the MTA level. To be
> honest, I would either use ktnef or something at the client side, or
> just tell your employer to turn off "rich text sending" (the option is

I agree, just tell them that Outlook 'Rich Text' is an Outlook-to-Outlook
mail format, and that no other mail client (that I know of) can natively
handle this message format, including Outlook Express, and just to add to
things, not even Exchange can understand the Outlook 'Rich Text' format,
so it does not matter whether the message passes through one, two, three,
or no Exchange servers, it is all in how he has his client configured.

--

--EAL--