Re: [exim] tls_on_connect_ports

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Assumptes nous: [exim] control = (no_)enforce_sync
Assumpte: Re: [exim] tls_on_connect_ports
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Tony Finch wrote:

> Just to check my understanding of this option, a plausible setting would
> be:
>
>    daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 465 : 587
>    tls_on_connect_ports = 465

> as opposed to:
>
>    daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 587
>    tls_on_connect_ports = 465

Correct, because tls_on_connect_ports also applies to inetd connections
and daemons started with -X and configurations that use local_interfaces
instead of daemon_smtp_ports; that is, ALL SMTP connections, however
configured... (that's why it doesn't have "daemon" in its name).

> It isn't utterly clear from reading NewStuff that tls_on_connect_ports
> does not augment daemon_smtp_ports.

I will augment the description.

> I also note there's an instance of the old spelling daemon_smtp_port in
> the spec at the start of section 13.5.

Ta.