[exim] Deliveries to /dev/null fail

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Thomas Egrelius
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Deliveries to /dev/null fail
Hi,

I have noticed that my 4.42 servers fail deliveries to /dev/null for some
reason.

The lines from both main log and panic log says:

2004-10-01 11:17:41 queue run: process 4893 crashed with signal 11 while delivering 1CD6Xs-0005bP-8F

bash-2.03# /prod/exim/bin/exim -bV
Exim version 4.42 #3 built 13-Sep-2004 15:20:29
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2004
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.25: (December 19, 2002)
Support for: iconv() PAM OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb
dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Contains exiscan-acl patch revision 27 (c) Tom Kistner
[http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/]
Configuration file is /prod/exim/etc/configure

OS is Solaris 8.

bash-2.03# ls -laL /dev/null
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       13,  2 Oct  1 11:18 /dev/null

The rewrite router returns /dev/null, and a debug output gives this at the
end:

Considering: /dev/null
unique = /dev/null:nobody@???
post-process /dev/null (0)
/dev/null delivered
doublebounces@???: children all complete

[END OF OUTPUT]

Nothing is actually delivered, log says it crashed with signal 11, and
message stays on queue. And as you can see, the normal debug output for a
delivery doesn't occur.

If I change the alias to go to a file instead, it delivers just fine. I'm
seeing the same problem on other 4.42 installations as well, on another OS
and with other configs. If I replace /dev/null with :blackhole: it works
as it should too.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

/Rgds Thomas Egrelius