Re: [exim] SBL and iptables

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Wakko Warner
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Nigel Metheringham
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] SBL and iptables
> You might be able to fake it using a ${run} string expansion from within
> something else there... however I must say the idea of adjusting kernel
> firewalling tables based on this strikes me as insane - and gaining
> nothing other than obscuring whats happening (you can block just as
> easily from exim).

This is true, however, just like David said, they hammer on the machine. I
currently drop connection if found in a blacklist (dns/local). I need to
change this policy as I no longer like it. However, I did this same thing
yesterday to a host that hammered on my machine and was in a blacklist. The
only reason I do this is to keep the logging down in the rejected log. It's
hard enough to look through the log and see someone hammering.