[exim] Multiple rcpt to log entries

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Falla
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Multiple rcpt to log entries
Hi,

I am trying to parse some exim logs to pull back some very specific
statistical information, and have
come across some log entries that have broken my checksums.

The documentation for exim 4 specifies that when a mesage is received it
is marked in the log
with a <=, when it is delivered it is marked with a => and a delivery to
a second address will be
marked with a ->

My problem is that totally against the specification, I am seeing logs
that are marking multiple
deliveries all with a =>

eg

18:47:26 1CCM4T-0002Rj-2x <= <> H=(mail.somewhere.com) [IP Address ......
18:47:26 1CCM4T-0002Rj-2x => user1@??? R=remote T=r.....
18:47:26 1CCM4T-0002Rj-2x -> user2@??? R=remote T=remote_smtp
H=host......
18:47:30 1CCM4T-0002Rj-2x => user3@??? R=remote T=remote_smtp
H=host2.....
18:47:30 1CCM4T-0002Rj-2x Completed

I can reproduce this on other servers by specifying multiple rcpt to:
lines when connecting to the
server with telnet.

Is this a bug with Exim, or is the documentation just wrong?

From website documentation:

45.7

When more than one address is included in a single delivery (for
example, two SMTP RCPT commands in one transaction) the second and
subsequent addresses are flagged with "->" instead of "=>". When two or
more messages are delivered down a single SMTP connection, an asterisk
follows the IP address in the log lines for the second and subsequent
messages.

By the way, there are no asterix characters after the Ip address on the
snipped logs above, before anyone asks.

Steve