Re: [exim] SMTP connection from iscan closed after sigterm

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nigel Metheringham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Sherona
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] SMTP connection from iscan closed after sigterm
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 11:56 +0200, Sherona wrote:
> We are running exim 4.2 with trend interscan 3.8.
> Both are on the same server running solaris 9.
>
> Looking at the exim logs the following error keeps occuring
> "SMTP connection from iscan closed after SIGTERM"

Someone/something sent a SIGTERM to the exim receive process.

> We spoke to the interscan people and they say the error is caused by exim.

They would.

> Also when we try to send attachments even small ones they do not go through with the following error.
> The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> >
> >    (reason: 500 server response error, code 421)

Exim does return a 421 code when hit with a SIGTERM:-
        static void
        command_sigterm_handler(int sig)
        {
        sig = sig;    /* Keep picky compilers happy */
        log_write(0, LOG_MAIN, "%s closed after SIGTERM", smtp_get_connection_info());
        if (smtp_batched_input)
          moan_smtp_batch(NULL, "421 SIGTERM received");  /* Does not return */
        smtp_printf("421 %s: Service not available - closing connection\r\n",
          smtp_active_hostname);
        exim_exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
        }

> Any idea as to what could be causing this.

Something external to exim is firing signals at it - you need to track
that down on your system.

Other than those comments we can't really diagnose anything with such
sketchy information on how the systems are configured.

    Nigel.